Spicy Chicken Lo Mein
Take out Chinese at home with this Spicy Chicken Lo Mein. Add your favorite vegetables to customize this recipe to your families tastes.
- 2 pounds diced boneless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced ground ginger
- 3/4 pounds spagetti noodles, or lo mein noodles (as desired)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup corn niblets, shredded carrots, shredded peppers, etc (or whatever type of vegetables desired)
- 1 teaspoon flour
Preparation time 70mins
Cooking time 30mins
In a bowl, mix chicken, cornstarch, chili garlic sauce, and ginger. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Mix oyster sauce and water.
Remove chicken from refrigerator and discard marinade.
Cook noodles according to package, drain and hold in a bowl of cold water.
In wok, over high heat, add oil and drop 1/3 of chicken into wok and stir fry so that all sides of chicken are crisp. Remove and place in bowl. Continue to add 1/3 of chicken until all chicken has been cooked. Put all chicken in the side bowl.
In wok, remove excess oil leaving enough to saute vegetables. Once the vegetables are done to your liking, remove them and hold in a separate bowl.
In wok, combine chicken stock, and oyster sauce mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of flour to sauce to thicken, and whisk vigorously. Continue to add 1 teaspoon of flour until desired consistency. Cook sauce over medium high heat until liquid has thickened (about 5-10 minutes).
Add chicken and vegetables to sauce and toss to combine.
Add noodles, stirring to coat with sauce until completely combined and heated. Transfer to serving platter.
You'll also love
- Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Sausage Gravy 3.8/5 (411 Votes)
- Old-World Manicotti 4.3/5 (112 Votes)
- Southern Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (112 Votes)
- Rotel Chicken Mexican Casserole 4.1/5 (124 Votes)
- Crockpot Sweet Hawaiian Chicken 4.2/5 (135 Votes)
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Tenders 4.1/5 (122 Votes)
- Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken 4.4/5 (80 Votes)