Lemon Garlic Chicken Piccata
Lightly breaded chicken breasts pan cooked in butter and a tangy cream sauce are served over spaghetti. Easy dish for everyday but impressive for special occasions.
- 12 ounces thin spaghetti
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, sliced in half lengthwise
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper, freshly cracked, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped (1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup green onion tops or shallots, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth (can sub 1/4 cup of the broth with white wine, if desired)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup capers, drained well
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish, optional
Get everything prepped before starting cooking. Preheat oven to 150 F.
Cook pasta in salted water as directed on package; drain well and keep warm.
Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken with flour. Add chicken to the skillet and cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until done, flipping once. Set aside on a cookie sheet and keep warm in the oven.
Meanwhile, melt the remaining tablespoon butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and green onions and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the chicken broth (and white wine, if using) and lemon juice. Cook until slightly reduced, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in heavy cream and cook until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Stir in capers.
Serve immediately over chicken and spaghetti. Garnish with snipped parsley, if desired.
You'll also love
- Ham and Cheese Biscuit Cups 4.4/5 (94 Votes)
- El Pollo Loco Chicken Marinade 3.7/5 (201 Votes)
- Sweet & Spicy Bacon Chicken 4.4/5 (90 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Parmesan Chicken... 4.5/5 (88 Votes)
- Crispy Chicken Costoletta 4.1/5 (151 Votes)
- Paula Deen’s Amazing Chicken... 4.6/5 (71 Votes)
- Healthy Chicken Spaghetti... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)