Zucchini or Yellow Squash Casserole
from Mee-Maw's Favorites cookbook from Carol F. to Gwennyth
- 2 lg. yellow or zucchini squash
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/4 lb. margarine
- 1 small pkg. Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix
- 1 can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cook vegetables in 1 tsp salt for 5 minutes and drain.
3. Melt margarine, add stuffing and mix well.
4. Spread 2/3 of the stuffing mixture in the bottom of an oblong casserole dish.
5. Place drained vegetables over stuffing.
6. Blend soup and sour cream. Spread over vegetables and top with remaining stuffing.
7. Bake for 25 minutes or until brown and bubbly.