Creamy spaghetti squash with fresh peas and bacon
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 5 slices of bacon (diced)
- 2 cups fresh (or frozen) petite peas
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
1. Poke spaghetti squash with a fork throughout the skin, then place the squash in the slow cooker on high for three hours with a cup of water.
2.While squash is cooking, add bacon to a skillet, and fry up until soft. (Bacon will do more cooking in the slow cooker later.)
3. When spaghetti squash is finished, remove from slow cooker. Cut open with a knife and scoop out the spaghetti strands.
4. Place spaghetti strands back into slow cooker with bacon, peas, cream cheese and salt and pepper, and cook on high for another 45 minutes to an hour.