One-Pot Cheesy Italian Pasta and Chicken
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves, divided
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil and Italian herbs, drained (about 7 ounces)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1/2" bite size pieces)
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pound dry linguine
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups (32 ounces) reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chardonnay wine
- 4 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
Combine 1/2 of the spinach with the tomatoes, onion, chicken, garlic, linguine, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper in a 5-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Pour chicken stock and wine over top. Cover and bring to a boil.
Cook 7-9 minutes until pasta is al dente (with a bite to it). Toss pasta with tongs occasionally to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pot. You will still have some liquid in the pan when the pasta is done cooking. This is going to make the base for our delicious cheese sauce.
Turn off the heat and add the cheese to the pasta. Toss pasta with tongs until the cheese melts into the pasta. Toss in remaining spinach. Serve and enjoy!
DONNA'S SIMPLE KITCHEN TIP: Dried Italian Seasoning is a fabulous convenience ingredient. If you do not keep it on hand, combine 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon oregano and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme.
This dish is just spicy enough to make your tongue tingle. For a very mild sauce, reduce the red pepper flakes to 1/2 teaspoon.
I know some people are sensitive to alcohol. The wine adds a fabulous rich buttery flavor and a bright citrusiness to the pasta. If you can use the chardonnay, I highly recommend it. However, you can substitute with chicken stock, white grape juice, or lemon water (1/2 cup fresh lemon juice and 1/2 cup water).
You'll also love
- One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- One-Pot Cheesy Italian Pasta and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ozark Mountain Berry Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Doone’s Clam Chowder ala Ivar’s 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Quick Farmer's Market Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- One Pot Shrimp Burrito Bowls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- ITALIAN PASTA SALAD 0/5 (0 Votes)