Chicken Zucchini Enchilada Casserole
- Enchilada Sauce:
- 24 oz tomato sauce
- 2 tsp taco seasoning
- I tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 PD skinless breast
- 1/2 taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large zucchini, cut lengthwise in 1/8" thick pieces
- 3 Tbs quinoa, uncooked and divided
- 1.5 cups (6 oz) shredded cheese (moz, cheddar, etc)
- .5-1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
1. Stir Enchilada sauce and set aside.
2. In another bowl, combine chicken ingredients, mix with hands and let marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat large skillet on medium heat and add chicken. Cover and cook for 10-20 minutes, turning once. Let cool a bit, transfer to cutting board and shred chicken with a fork.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In medium 8x11 baking dish add a few stable spoons of Enchilada sauce spread evenly and sprinkle with 1 T. Quinoa. Place sliced zucchini lengthwise overlapping a little. Spread half of chicken, then half of Enchilada sauce, top with half of cheese, and jalapeño and 1 T. Quinoa. Repeat with another layer, finishing with zucchini and cheese on top.
5. Bake covered tightly for 45 minutes, then uncovered for another for snother 20 minutes and broil on high for 5 minutes or until cheese is browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Zoodles 4/5 (127 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai Zoodle Bowls 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Bread Machine Calzone Crust 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Thighs with Ginger-Sesame... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodles with Cilantro... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skinny Chicken Tamale Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Margherita Chicken and Zucchini 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Chicken & Biscuit... 0/5 (0 Votes)