Potato, Spinach And Red Pepper Salad, Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, and cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 bacon slice chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup thinly-sliced celery
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves - (packed) abt 2 1/2 oz
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Steam potatoes just until tender, about 7 minutes. Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Char bell pepper over flame or in broiler until blackened on all sides. Enclose in paper bag; let stand 10 minutes. Peel, seed and chop pepper. Transfer to bowl with potatoes.
Sauté bacon in small skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and drain.
Whisk vinegar, oil and garlic in small saucepan. Stir over low heat just until warm, about 1 minute. Stir in bacon.
Add warm vinaigrette to potato mixture. Mix in celery and spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Per serving: calories, 164; total fat, 8 g; saturated fat, 1 g; cholesterol, 1 mg.
Not to worry: There's just enough bacon in the snappy dressing to add flavor but not much fat to this colorful salad. Serve it alongside grilled chicken or fish for a healthful summer dinner.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (705 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (666 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)