Crock Pot Baked Potato Soup
A perfect dish for a cold day, this crock pot Baked Potato Soup will warm you up. Serve with some bacon crumbles, extra shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, whole, crushed, or minced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon seasoned salt
- Crumbled cooked bacon
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 620mins
Dice the potatoes into small cubes, about 1/2".
Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning and chicken stock to slow cooker.
Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.
Remove and puree the garlic cloves (if you used whole cloves) in a blender, or use a immersion blender to cream about half of the potato pieces. You'll want some potato pieces in your soup. Blending some of the potatoes helps makes the soup creamy.
Stir in the cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.
Top with your choice of garnishes & serve!
You'll also love
- One-Bowl Apple Cake 3.9/5 (724 Votes)
- Banana Brownies with Frosting 3.8/5 (667 Votes)
- Fail-Proof Pizza Dough & Cheesy... 4/5 (545 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.3/5 (465 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Potato Soup 3.8/5 (1431 Votes)
Review this recipe