Golden Corral Rolls
Buttery and fluffy, this is one of the easiest and fastest homemade bread roll recipes. Throw these in the oven for your next gathering.
- 2 1/4 teaspoon fast acting yeast (or 1 package)
- 1/4 cup warm water, 105°F to 110°F
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup milk, just to scalding hot, do not simmer or boil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 1/2 cup bread flour (dough will be somewhat sticky, but the less you use, the lighter the rolls)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten (optional)
- 2 tablespoon butter, melted, for brushing
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Stir in the 2 teaspoons of sugar. Let sit for about 5 minutes until mixture foams up.
Heat milk in microwave or in small saucepan on stove top.
Add sugar, butter, and salt to hot milk and stir until butter is melted. Cool to 105°F to 110°F.
Pour milk mixture into bowl of stand mixer.
Add the yeast mixture and egg. Mix together.
Mix in all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, vital wheat gluten. Beat to form a soft dough. Knead with mixer for 5 minutes, adding extra flour, if needed.
Place dough in warm oiled or buttered bowl, turning greased side up. Cover with a clean towel and let rise in warm place* until doubled in bulk, about 60 minutes.
Punch dough down and hand-knead for 5 minutes on lightly floured surface.
Divide dough into 12 pieces and shape into round rolls. Place them, not touching, in greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
Cover with a clean towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 30-45 minutes.
Bake at 375°F for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Brush tops of rolls with melted butter.
You can use your oven as a dough incubator, turning it on to 400°F for one minute, then turning it off, and placing bowl of dough in the oven for the two rising times.
I also like to place a pan of water on the bottom of my oven. I've read that it mimics a convection oven and helps bread to bake moist.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.4/5 (356 Votes)
- Amish Cinnamon Bread 3.8/5 (429 Votes)
- Pizza Hut-style Cheese Bread 3.8/5 (587 Votes)
- Best Light & Fluffy Dinner Rolls 3.8/5 (298 Votes)
- Buttered Rosemary Rolls 4.6/5 (106 Votes)
Review this recipe