Long John Silver's Fish Batter
This copycat recipe tastes like the batter on the fish and chicken at Long John Silver's. You can mix the dry ingredients ahead of time and add water just before frying.
- 8 fish or chicken filets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Vegetable oil for frying
In a mixing bowl, sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
Add the water and mix together very well. Completely cover and coat 8 fish or chicken fillets with the batter.
Deep fry until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Ranch Potatoes with Cheese 4.5/5 (146 Votes)
- The Pioneer Woman's Top-Rated Mac... 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Creamy Grilled Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (141 Votes)
- Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies 4.5/5 (138 Votes)
- Baked Crispy Cheddar Chicken 4.1/5 (211 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta 4.2/5 (192 Votes)
- Joe's Crab Shack - Crab Cakes 4.2/5 (163 Votes)