Long John Silver's Fish Batter
This copycat recipe tastes like the batter on the fish and chicken at Long John Silver's. You can mix the dry ingredients ahead of time and add water just before frying.
Rate this recipe 3.9/5 (581 Votes)
- 8 fish or chicken filets
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Vegetable oil for frying
In a mixing bowl, sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
Add the water and mix together very well. Completely cover and coat 8 fish or chicken fillets with the batter.
Deep fry until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup for Weight... 4/5 (462 Votes)
- The Very Best Glazed Meatloaf 4.4/5 (366 Votes)
- Baked Italian Shrimp 4/5 (408 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.3/5 (314 Votes)
Review this recipe