Baked 2-Cheese & Bacon Grits
Baked 2-Cheese & Bacon Grits is a recipe steeping velvety, cheese flavor. Using both Velveeta and white cheddar cheese this recipe is made even more decadent with the addition of crisped bacon and rich butter. Serve this as a main course at any breakfast or brunch gathering, or as a side dish to your favorite meaty main course.
- 6 thickly sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups quick cooking grits
- 1 (12-ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cubed, about 2 1/3 cups
- 1 stick of butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese, about 8-ounces
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 85mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove pan from heat. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
Add water, stock, garlic powder, and black pepper to bacon drippings; bring to a boil. Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
Add Velveeta and butter; stir until melted. Stir in milk. Slowly stir in eggs until blended. Transfer to a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon and shredded cheese. Bake, uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Cool unbaked casserole, cover, and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove casserole from refrigerator and set on counter 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake grits as directed, increasing time to 50 to 60 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°F.
You'll also love
- Mediterranean Chicken and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Citrus Mashed Plantains 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Paleo Chinese Eggplant 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chopped Greek Salad with Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Fennel-Coriander Top Sirloin Roast 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Turkey Breast with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork and Rice Meatball Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)