Pork and Rice Meatball Soup
Easy to make Pork and Rice Meatball Soup recipe.
- 1/2 cup cooked white rice
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- ground cumin
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 14.5ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch spinach (about 4 cups)
- fresh cilantro, for serving
- grated Cheddar, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
Adapted from realsimple.com
Combine the rice, eggs, oregano, a third each of the scallions and garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a bowl. Add the pork and gently mix with your hands until just combined. Form the mixture into 16 meatballs (about 11/2 tablespoons each). Broil, on the prepared baking sheet, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
Heat broiler, line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the remaining scallions, garlic, and cumin and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the scallions are tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to thicken, 4 to 6 minutes.
Add the broth and bring to a boil. Stir in the spinach and meatballs. Serve topped with the cilantro, Cheddar, and a dollop of sour cream.
You'll also love
- Chia-Crusted Oven-Roasted Tuna... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Yam & Kale Salad 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Thai Beef and Basil 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Warm Pasta Salad with Italian... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Filipino White Bean and Pork Stew 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Asparagus Leek and Red Potato Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)