Grilled Turkey Breast with Caramelized Onion, Black Pepper & Vinegar
Grill up your Thanksgiving turkey and season with caramelized onion, black pepper and vinegar to give it even more flavor.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 2 medium red onions, finely chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups turkey or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns, plus freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1⁄4 turkey breast, cut into 4" pieces and pounded into 1⁄6–thick medallions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and salt; cook until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Add vinegar and bring to a boil; reduce by half, 3 to 5 minutes. Add stock and cook until liquid is reduced and thickened, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter and cracked peppercorns until butter is melted; set sauce aside and keep warm.
Heat a charcoal grill or set a gas grill to high. (Alternatively, heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat.) Brush turkey with oil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Grill, flipping once, until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and drizzle with ½ cup reserved sauce; serve with remaining sauce on the side.
You'll also love
- Oven-Roasted Sea Bass With Fennel... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler Steel Cut Oats 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asparagus and Tomato Salad with... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Ragout of Lamb and Spring... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Pork and Rice Meatball Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chia-Crusted Oven-Roasted Tuna... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Yam & Kale Salad 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Mini-Latkes 4.6/5 (5 Votes)