Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
Pineapple Upside Cake is such a classic dessert, with beautiful rings of pineapple that is caramelized with butter and brown sugar and decorated with maraschino cherries. I am a scratch cake baker, as a general rule. But, once in a while, I keep a box of yellow or white cake mix on hand for those times I want a quick short cut. You an easily use your own scratch yellow cake mix. However, nobody in my family knew that this cake came from a mix-- they were too busy slicing second slices. Recipe source:Tip Hero
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple slices, juice reserved
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box vanilla pudding mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup milk, plus more as needed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a bundt pan with nonstick spray.
Evenly pour the melted butter into the bottom of the bundt pan and top with the brown sugar.
Cut the pineapple rings in half and, alternating with the cherries, place into the butter-brown sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan.
In a large bowl, combine the cake and pudding mixes together. Add the reserved pineapple juice and milk. Add the eggs and vegetable oil, and mix until fully blended.
Pour the batter evenly over the pineapple and cherries.
Bake for 30 minutes, following the cake mix instructions for a bundt pan, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cool the cake for about 10 minutes before running a knife around the edges and inner ring of the pan. Invert onto a serving plate and slice between pineapple rings to serve.
When you add the reserved pineapple juice and milk in step 4, they should equal 1 cup of liquid. If you like, you can first pour the reserved pineapple juice into a liquid measuring cup. Add enough milk until you have 1 cup of liquid. Add the liquid to the combined cake-and-pudding mix, then proceed with the recipe.
You'll also love
- Yellow Squash Muffins 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Fennel-Coriander Top Sirloin Roast 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler Steel Cut Oats 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- PROTEIN PACKED COCONUT MACAROONS 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pork and Rice Meatball Soup 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake 2 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Maple Cream Fudge 3.9/5 (57 Votes)