Mini Deep Dish Blueberry Pies
You don’t need special mini spring-form pans to make these pies. Any small ramekin will work too.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 3 heaping cups blueberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/4 cup blueberry jelly, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Vanilla ice cream
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 70mins
You will need four deep mini pie pans about 4"x2".
Place the pie pans or mini spring-form pans on a baking sheet lined with foil. Set aside.
Combine the flour, salt and confectioners' sugar in the bowl of a food processor.
Add the butter and pulse until it forms a coarse meal.
Add the egg yolk and ice water and pulse just until the dough comes together.
Gather the dough together and place on a piece of wax paper.
Form the dough into a thick log and wrap tightly.
Refrigerate about an hour.
Clean and pick over the berries.
Place them in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
Melt the jelly in the microwave on 50% power for about 1 minute.
Stir and heat again if needed.
Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
Peel, core and grate the apple.
Add the grated apple, lemon juice and jelly to the blueberries.
Gently stir to combine. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Divide the dough into four equal pieces.
Roll out one of the pieces of dough on a lightly floured clean work surface. (The dough should be large enough to overlap on the top about 8-inches).
Repeat with the remaining dough and place each in a pan.
Fill each with ¼th of the berry filling and juices.
Fold over the excess dough but do not seal, leave a hole in the top center.
Bake in the preheated 375°F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the crust is brown and the filling is bubbly.
Remove from the oven and allow the pies to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with ice cream.
You'll also love
- Banana & Kiwi Muffins 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Artichokes with Lemon Garlic... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Crustless Spinach Cheese Quiche 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Lingonberry Mojito 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Blueberry Tea Cake 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Mom's Molasses Applesauce Cookies 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Hawaiian Chantilly Cake 3.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Grilled Lamb Chops w/ Blueberry... 4.1/5 (10 Votes)