Crustless Spinach Cheese Quiche
Even spinach haters love this crustless quiche! I'll definitely be making this again. Next time I'll switch it up a little by adding sauteed onions and asparagus to incorporate even more veggies and sub the sour cream with plain nonfat greek yogurt. Can you say healthy and delicious!?
- Cooking spray
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cheddar, grated
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Spray an 8 by 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Unwrap the spinach and put it, box and all, on a plate. Microwave and cook on high power for 4 minutes. Allow it to cool and remove it from the box. Squeeze out all of the liquid out of the spinach and put it into a medium bowl.
Combine the eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, Parmesan, flour, salt, and pepper, in a medium bowl. Stir together, or blend in food processor until the mixture is smooth, about 1 minute. Pour the mixture into the bowl with the spinach. Add the Cheddar and blend with a spoon until well mixed. Pour the spinach mixture into the baking dish and smooth out the top.
Bake until set, about 45 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the oven. It will be puffed up, but will fall slightly as it cools. Allow it to cool, then, refrigerate. Cut it into squares and serve.
You'll also love
- Spinach & Gruyere Cheese Quiche... 3.7/5 (248 Votes)
- Crustless Veggie Mini Quiches 4.7/5 (28 Votes)
- White Chicken and Veggie Chili 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Healthy Eggplant and Kale Parmesan 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Tortellini with... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Potato Fennel Onion Tart 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Basic Thanksgiving Dressing 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Plentil Crusted Chicken on a Stick 4.2/5 (6 Votes)