Grilled Lamb Chops w/ Blueberry Juniper Sauce
If you like lamb you will love this recipe. I picked this up from 'Chili Pepper' magazine. The combination of sweet and a little heat adds a nice dimension to the lamb.
- For the sauce:
- 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
- 1 TABLESPOON BUTTER
- 1/4 SHALLOT, MINCED
- 2 TABLESPOONS HONEY
- 1 TABLESPOON WHITE BALSAMIC VINEGAR
- 1 CUP BLUEBERRIES, SMASHED
- 4 JUNIPER BERRIES
- 1 DRIED GHOST CHILE (OR A MORE MILD CHILE OF CHOICE)
- 6 MINT LEAVES, CHOPPED
- For the lamb:
- 2 POUNDS FRENCHED LAMB CHOPS OR LOIN
- 2 TEASPOONS KOSHER SALT
- 1/2 TEASPOON GARLIC
- 1/2 TEASPOON CORIANDER
- 1/8 TEASPOON JALAPEÑO POWDER (or Cayenne Pepper)
- 1/4 TEASPOON WHITE PEPPER
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
1. Make the sauce: In a saucepan, soften the shallot in the oil and butter, then add the honey, vinegar and blueberries and allow the mixture to come to a simmer.
2. In a spice grinder, or using a knife, finely chop the juniper berries and chile. Add this to the sauce. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes and finish with the chopped fresh mint leaves. Remove from the heat.
3. Make the lamb: Lightly rub the chops or loin with the oil. Mix the rest of the ingredients and dust each side of the lamb with the spice blend. Grill the chops on medium-high for 3-1/2 to 4 minutes per side.
4. Allow the lamb to rest for a few minutes before plating. Serve the chops with the sauce drizzled along the plate.
You'll also love
- Grilled Lamb Chops crusted with... 4.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Seafood Diablo 3.7/5 (27 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Stuffed Bell Peppers 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemony Shrimp Scampi with Asparagus 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Cranberry Bread with Cointreau... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Braised Honey Mustard Rabbit (with... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Beef with Hilopites (Greek Egg... 3.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Adana Kebabs (Ground Lamb Kebabs) 4.2/5 (10 Votes)