Wild Maine Blueberry Glaze Pie
This recipe is the best blueberry pie you will ever have. Want to make this pie sweeter? Increase the sugar to one cup.
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup very cold unsalted butter
- small bowl of ice water plus 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 quart fresh wild Maine blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces softened Neufchatel cheese
- Whipped sweet cream
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Measure the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the cubed butter and mix with a pastry blender until it resembles coarse crumbles. Add the ice cold vinegar water by teaspoon and mix. Continue adding water until the mix barely comes together. Turn out on a piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least one hour.
In a heavy bottomed sauce pan combine 2 cups blueberries, water, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, lemon juice and vanilla. Cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
Preheat oven 425°F.
Next, roll out pie dough adding flour as needed and press into a 9 inch pie plate. Prick the bottom with a fork. Place a piece of parchment paper over the dough and fill the plate with dried beans (or use pie weights if you have them). Bake for 20 minutes and reduce heat to 350°F. Continue baking 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Finally, spread the softened Neufchatel cheese over the pie crust. Mix the remaining 2 cups of blueberries with the cooked berries and pour the filling into the crust.
Serve chilled with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Two-Ingredient Lemon Bars 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Greek lemon potatoes 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Chocolate-Orange Marble Cake 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Bacon & Cheddar Biscuits with... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberries & Cream Cake 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Croissants 4.1/5 (49 Votes)
- Lemon-Blueberry Cake with White... 4.3/5 (47 Votes)