Wild Blueberry and Lemon Meringue Pie
Lemon curd, frozen wild blueberries and lemon curd come together in this Wild Blueberry and Lemon Meringue Pie that combines the sweet flavors of blueberries with the tartness of lemons. Get the best of both flavor worlds with this easy recipe. Perfect for potlucks and parties, this pie recipe will tempt anyone with a sweet tooth.
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter or margarine, cold, diced
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups lemon curd
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup frozen wild blueberries
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from wildblueberries.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch flan tin and set aside.
Measure the flour, cold butter, and sugar into a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles fresh breadcrumbs. Add the egg and pulse to form cohesive dough. Roll pastry out onto a floured surface and line the flan tin. Line the inside of the pastry with a circle of tissue paper, crumpled. Fill with baking beans or rice grains and part bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Lift out paper and beans and allow to cool completely.
Spread lemon curd into part baked flan case once cooled completely. Whisk the egg whites in a machine mixer until full volume. Add the sugar and continue whisking until firm. Quickly fold in the frozen wild blueberries, turn out onto the filled flan case and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
You'll also love
- Sausage Cheese Bread Roll 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Moist Coconut Cake 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Peach Upside-Down Cake Recipe 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Carl's Jr. Ranch Crispy Chicken... 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee 4.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Irish Jello Shots 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- Cherry Slab Pie 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Sunshine "Lemon Bars" 4.6/5 (47 Votes)