Grilled Pear Salad With Bacon, Roquefort And Port Vinaigrette
- 1 cup walnut halves toasted
- 8 ounces sliced bacon
- 3 Bosc pears sliced
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 cups ruby Port
- 1 shallot sliced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 12 cups mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread walnuts on baking sheet. Bake until toasted, about 5 minutes.
Cook bacon in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp and brown, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Coarsely chop bacon.
Prepare barbecue (medium heat) or preheat broiler. Cut pears into 1/4-inch slices and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Grill or broil pear slices until brown in spots, about 2 minutes per side.
Bring Port and shallot to boil in heavy medium saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Strain into large bowl; cool. Whisk oil and vinegar into Port. Season with salt and pepper.
Add greens, cheese, walnuts, bacon and pears to dressing in bowl and toss to coat. Divide among plates and serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Grilled Lamb Chops With Asian... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gnocchi With Mushroom Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fusilli With Wild Mushroom Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fried Banana Ravioli With Vanilla... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Feta-Stuffed Rack Of Lamb With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Endive Salad With Apples, Walnuts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary-Garlic Pork Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pork With Gorgonzola Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)