Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
Spicy, cream cheesy beef, topped with sautéed onions and jalapeño peppers, topped with a slice of provolone cheese. All stuffed in a tasty little pretzel roll, the perfect slider buns!
- 1 (1.5-pound) beef chuck roast, shaved into thin slices (most grocery store butchers will do this for you)
- 2 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12-ounces Kraft Philadelphia Spicy Jalapeño Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 pretzel rolls or other roll of choice for slider buns
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Heat oven to broil.
Slice pretzels rolls in half and lightly butter each side. Arrange on a baking sheet and set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and sauté until golden and soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
Melt another tablespoon or 2 of butter in the pan and add sliced beef separating slices. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until meat is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in jalapeño cream cheese. You can always add more or less depending on how cheesy you want it. Remove from heat.
Place about 1/4 a cup of meat on the bottom half of each roll. Top with a spoonful of pepper and onion mix. Top with a slice of provolone cheese. Broil in the oven until the provolone is melted and buns are toasted.
If you can't find the Spicy Jalapeño Cream Cheese, make your own mixing 12-ounces cream cheese with 1 to 2 tablespoons diced jalapeño, making as mild or as spicy as you'd like.
Using finely sliced beef chuck roast makes the meat really tender and perfect for cheese steak sandwiches. Most grocery store butchers will slice it for you, just tell them you're making cheese steak sandwiches with it!
You'll also love
- Pan Fried/Broiled Parmesan Tilapia 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Chocolate Champagne Truffles 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Traditional American Pie Crust 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Cheesy-scalloped-potatoes 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemon Lush 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Beer Cheese for Soft Pretzels 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Healthy Potato Side Dish 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Jack Daniel’s Bacon Mac and... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)