Chicken and Rice Casserole (Paula Deen)
I added sliced canned mushrooms.
I topped with additional cheddar cheese the last 10 min of cooking.
I made this the night before and cooked for 30 min. covered, added the cheese and cooked for an additional 10 minutes.
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 4 ounce jar pimentos
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 6 ounce box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Macaroni & Cheese 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Beer Battered Grilled Cheese... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Antipasto Pasta Salad, from Cook's... 4.3/5 (62 Votes)
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Pan Fried Italian Chicken Thighs 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- Creamy White Chicken Alfredo... 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Bacon, Cheddar, Chicken & Rice Bake 4.4/5 (50 Votes)
- Chinese Chicken Fried Rice 4.4/5 (40 Votes)