Chicken and Rice Casserole (Paula Deen)
I added sliced canned mushrooms.
I topped with additional cheddar cheese the last 10 min of cooking.
I made this the night before and cooked for 30 min. covered, added the cheese and cooked for an additional 10 minutes.
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 4 ounce jar pimentos
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon butter or vegetable oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 6 ounce box long-grain wild rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pinch salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat butter or oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together until thoroughly combined.
Pour into a greased 3-quart casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for a few minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Chicken Alfredo Shells 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken Caesar Salad Lunch Wraps 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberries & Cream Cake 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Thighs with Rice... 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice for Two 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Emeril Lagasse's Chicken Marsala 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup The Pioneer... 3.7/5 (123 Votes)