Smoked Pork Chops
- Package of pork chops
- All purpose rub
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Pork Brine or Italian Dressing
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
1. Use a Pork Brine or Italian Dressing. Let the chops marinate for at least 30 minutes or several hours.
2. Remove from Brine/Marinade and place on a tray. Pat dry,
3. Dust both sides with All Purpose Rub. Sprinkle a bit of dark brown sugar on the exposed side for sugary glaze.
4. Set up your grill for indirect cooking and throw on some fruit wood.
5. Place the pork chops far away from the heat. You'll want to smoke these at 225 - 250 for 1.5 - 2 hours. If you want to achieve a good smoke ring,make sure smoke is billowing the entire time.
6. You'll need to add coals after probably an hour or so to keep your temp above 225.
7. When they are somewhat firm (internal temp of at least 160), they are done. Your pork chops should NOT be hard. Stop smoking them a little early and sear them above direct heat for a couple minutes. Seals the juices and makes grill marks.