Carrot-Walnut Bundt Cake With Lemon Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots - (abt 3 large)
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- Lemon Cream Cheese Icing (see recipe)
Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Butter 12-cup nonstick Bundt pan. Whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in medium bowl until well blended. Using electric mixer, beat sugar, oil and eggs in large bowl on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add flour mixture, beating just until blended. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake cake until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack 1 hour.
Invert cake onto plate. Cool completely. Drizzle icing over top of cake, allowing icing to flow down sides. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.)
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Olive oil is the surprise ingredient in this recipe. The result is a rich cake that doesn't have even a hint of olive oil taste.
You'll also love
- Pistachio-Crusted Pork With Plum... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Tuna With... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spiced Fig Preserves 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Galette With Orange -... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sea Bass With Sun-Dried Tomato And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon With Lemon And Dill 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese... 4.6/5 (35 Votes)
- Moroccan Carrot Soup 4.6/5 (36 Votes)