Banana Chocolate Chip Baked Doughnuts
These banana chocolate chip baked doughnuts are the perfect healthy snack for any age. The greek yogurt and the spelt flour make this typical naughty sweet treat healthier than you would imagine.
- 1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana (Roughly 2 small bananas)
- 1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 1/2 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt (I use 0% Fage)
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- 2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Spelt White Flours (You can also use AP Flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (I used 1/2 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 milk chocolate chips)
- Topping (Optional)
- 1/4 cup Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from cookingrecipecentral.com
1. Preheat the oven to 325F
2. Using your electric mixer with the whisk attachment, add the mashed banana, sugar and greek yogurt. Mix until incorporated.
3. Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla extra and mix.
4. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the batter and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix!
5. Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
6. Scoop the batter into a zip lock bag and seal shut. Using scissors, snip the bottom corner of one side of the ziplock bag to create your homemade piping bag.
7. Grease your doughnut baking pan and pipe 3/4 full the batter into each doughnut mold.
8. Optional: Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of each doughnut batter before baking. Or you can dip the doughnuts once baked in the cinnamon sugar mixture. You may need to paint melted butter on top of each doughnut before dipping the doughnuts in the sugar mixture to allow them to stick. Both options work perfectly.
9. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool before eating.
You'll also love
- Roasting a Turkey in Parchment... 3.8/5 (45 Votes)
- Confetti Popcorn 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Fried Mashed Potato Balls 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Cauliflower Protein Bread 4/5 (27 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Torte 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Banana Cake (Dominica) 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake 3.7/5 (85 Votes)