One Pot Lemon Orzo Shrimp
Try this delicious One Pot Lemon Orzo Shrimp Recipe. Trust me on this, your whole family will be so happy you did, it's so good!
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from damndelicious.net
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Season shrimp with salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and oregano, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in orzo until lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, peas, lemon juice and shrimp. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Place into oven and bake until shrimp are cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
You'll also love
- Dolly Parton's Cabbage Soup 4/5 (38 Votes)
- Slow Cooked Pork Wings 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Honey Lime Shrimp 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Amaretto Peach Martini 4/5 (28 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Patties 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Dungeness Crab Potstickers 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Sausage Pasta with Orecchiette 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Baked Gnocchi 4.4/5 (11 Votes)