Instant Pot Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
An easy, rich, creamy chicken and wild rice soup loaded with chicken, rice, carrots, onion and celery. Perfect for those cold blustery days.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless skinless, uncooked and diced
- 1 (6-ounce) package Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild Rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half and half
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Select Saute and add butter to the pressure cooker pot. When butter is melted, add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth, chicken, wild rice (discard seasoning packet) salt, pepper, and parsley to the pressure cooking pot.
Lock lid in place, select High Pressure and 5 minutes cook time and start. When timer beeps, turn off pressure cooker, wait 5 minutes, then do a quick pressure release.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Select Simmer and add cornstarch mixture to the pot stirring constantly. Add cubed cream cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Add milk and half and half and heat through but do not bring to a boil
You'll also love
- Sausage Choucroute 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Lemon Lush 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chocolate and Maraschino Cherry... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Sausage Basil Ravioli... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Glazed Pan Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Tenderloins with Cranberry... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Sweet, Spiked, & Spicy Hot... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Roasted Whole Chicken 4.4/5 (8 Votes)