Deep Fried Buffalo Chicken Skewers
These deep fried buffalo chicken skewers have all the heat and flavor you need for the perfect outdoor barbecue or summer party. Perfect with ranch.
- 6 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 tablespoons Frank's hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tabasco sauce
- 6 cups vegetable oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from seriouseats.com
In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and pepper. Lightly dredge chicken in flour, shaking off any excess. Place chicken pieces on skewers. Place skewers on a plate or baking sheet and set aside.
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium high heat. Add cider vinegar, Frank's, and Tabasco sauce, stirring until well combined. Take off heat and set aside.
Put oil in a large stock pot. Oil should come at least three inches up the side of the pot. Heat oil over high heat to 380°F.
Place three skewers into pot and fry until just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel lined baking sheet to get rid of any excess oil. Continue frying remaining skewers in batches.
Transfer skewers to a large bowl or casserole dish. Stir sauce until it's well combined then pour over skewers and rotate until well coated. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Chicken Curry 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Chicken and Okra 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Rosemary-Scented Dinner Rolls 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Pine Nut & Feta Cheese Ball 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Asian Style Chicken Strips with... 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Kerala Style Pan-Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicarrones de Pollo (Puerto Rican... 4.1/5 (14 Votes)