Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Stock
Ina never disappoints! Stock and soup are Delicious
Have always used stock in a box but wanted to see if there was a difference and there definitely was. This was so delicious!!
- Chicken Stock:
- 1 whole (2 split) chicken breast, bone in, skin on
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts homemade Chicken Stock (see recipe)
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (2 stalks)
- 1 cup medium-diced carrots (3 carrots)
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 5 -pound roasting chickens
- 3 large yellow onions, unpeeled, quartered
- 6 carrots, unpeeled, halved
- 4 celery stalks with leaves, cut in thirds
- 4 parsnips, unpeeled, cut in half (optional)
- 20 sprigs fresh parsley
- 15 sprigs fresh thyme
- 20 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled, cut in half crosswise
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons whole black
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the chicken breast on a sheet pan and rub the skin with olive oil. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through. When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bones, discard the skin, and shred or dice the chicken meat.
Bring the chicken stock to a simmer in a large pot and add the celery, carrots, and noodles. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes, until the noodles are cooked. Add the cooked chicken meat and parsley and heat through.
Season to taste and serve.
Place the chickens, onions, carrots, celery, parsnips, parsley, thyme, dill, garlic, and seasonings in a 16- to 20-quart stockpot. Add 7 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Simmer uncovered for 4 hours. Strain the entire contents of the pot through a colander and discard the solids. Chill the stock overnight. The next day, remove the surface fat. Use immediately or pack in containers and freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 6 quarts.
You'll also love
- Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu... 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Paleo Almond butter chicken wings 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
- Hearty Chicken Pumpkin Soup 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Sesame-Crusted Roast Chicken 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles (One... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Baby Acapulco Chicken Tortilla Soup 3.7/5 (101 Votes)
- Chicken Noodles - Pressure Cooker 3.3/5 (3 Votes)
- LEMON GARLIC ROASTED CHICKEN 0/5 (0 Votes)