Creamy White Chicken Lasagna Soup
Creamy chicken lasagna soup give you all of the flavors of lasagna in a warm bowl of soup. Serve with some rustic crusty bread and butter and a side salad for a full meal.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed, cooked
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into small pieces
- 7 cups low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen baby spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
- Ricotta cheese, optional
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and sauté onion and carrot until softened. 10-12 minutes.
Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant, then sprinkle in flour and stir together for 2-3 minutes, or until flour has a chance to cook. Mixture will be thick.
Slowly pour in 6 cups chicken broth, saving the last 1 cup to mix the cornstarch into. Pour cornstarch mixture in as well, stirring everything to combine.
Add chicken, beans, lasagna noodles, bay leaves and Italian seasoning to soup, then season generously with salt and pepper.
Bring mixture up to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes, or until noodles are al dente.
Remove and discard bay leaves, then stir thawed spinach into the soup. Pour in heavy cream and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until warmed through.
Add grated parmesan, then transfer to serving bowls and enjoy! If you'd like add a dollop of ricotta cheese on top.