Rigatoni with Meat Sauce - Instant Pot
Make Rigatoni with Sausage Meat Sauce for dinner tonight. When you use an Instant Pot, it is quick and easy. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and some warm Italian bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic
- 4 ounce white mushrooms, finely chopped (pulse in food processor or chop by hand)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound Italian sausage (I use a combo of sweet and hot)
- 1 (28-ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can tomato puree
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 pound dried rigatoni
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from theyumyumfactor.blogspot.com
Heat the oil in your pressure cooker's pot (with the Instant Pot, hit saute) and saute the onions, mushrooms, garlic and a pinch of kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper until softened, at least five minutes.
Stir in the oregano, basil and tomato paste and cook another minute, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Add in the sausage meat that you have removed from the casings and brown, breaking it up with your spoon, until no pink remains.
Pour in the water, the tomato puree and, using your hand, squish the San Marzano tomatoes in to break them up and then pour in all of the liquid from the can. Give the pot a good stir to make sure you get up all of the bits on the bottom of the pot and then add in the dry pasta. Give it one more good stir, lock on the lid and and program it for 6 minutes using the manual setting (at high pressure).
When the time is up, open the lid after you release the steam (quick release) and let it sit for another minute or two , giving it a couple of stirs, to thicken up a bit. If the sauce seems too thin, you can turn the saute feature back on and simmer it for a couple of minutes as well.
Serve in big bowls with freshly grated Parmesan.
You'll also love
- SMOKED TURKEY in Electric Smoker 4/5 (59 Votes)
- Mason Jar Salted Caramel Brownie... 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- Southwest Chicken Nachos 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Michael Symon's Grilled Salmon and... 4.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Low Carb White Birthday Cake 4/5 (42 Votes)
- Best Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns -... 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Stuffed Onion Bombs 3.8/5 (46 Votes)
- Vegan Sweet Potato, Coconut Milk,... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)