Southwest Chicken Nachos
Who doesn't love nachos!? These fab nachos are loaded with ancho-Lime grilled chicken, grilled sweet corn salsa, black beans and don't forget the cheddar!
- 1/2 cup extra light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of two limes
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless, skinless (or breasts)
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 1 large bag whole grain tortilla chips
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 recipe grilled sweet corn salsa
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Sliced green onions
- Sour cream
- Hot sauce
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from simplyscratch.com
Combine the olive oil, ancho chili powder, cumin, salt and lime juice. Stir and pour over the chicken. Toss and let the chicken sit while you preheat your grill.
Grill the chicken on medium-high for about 6 to 8 minutes a side or until fully cooked. Remove and let cool a bit. Sprinkle the chicken with a handful of fresh cilantro before chopping it into small bits.
Scatter a layer of whole grain tortilla chips on the bottom of 4 oven-safe baking dishes. Top the chips with a little grated cheddar cheese, chopped chicken, a spoonful of grilled corn salsa, black beans and then repeat with another layer of chips, cheese, chicken, salsa, beans and a final layer of cheddar cheese.
Bake in a preheated 375°F until the cheese is melted and the chips are a toasty golden color.
Remove and let cool before topping and enjoying!
You'll also love
- Almond Roca 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Cornbread 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sausage, Bean, & Spinach Dip 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Avocado Mango Salsa 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Cowboy Queso 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Appetizer - Ham & Cheese Pinwheels 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Bacon, Spinach, Swiss, &... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Joey's Nachos - Kitchen Boss 4.4/5 (7 Votes)