Mason Jar Salted Caramel Brownie Trifles
Individual trifles with brownies, caramel sauce, chocolate pudding, crushed Heath bars, Cool Whip, and sea salt. Great for entertaining!
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size), plus ingredients called for on the box
- 1/4 cup coffee, room temperature
- 1 jar caramel sauce (ice cream topping)
- Coarse sea salt
- 6 individual snack cups chocolate pudding (found in refrigerated aisle)
- 1 (8-ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Heath chocolate toffee bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- 8 jelly-size mason jars
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from theseasonedmom.com
Prepare brownie batter according to package directions, substituting the coffee for the water called for on the box. Bake in greased pan at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (be careful not to over bake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 3/4-inch pieces.
Once brownies are cooled and cut, you can begin to prepare your trifles.
In the bottom of each of 8 mason jars, place a few pieces of brownie. You can break the brownie in order to get it to fit into the bottom of the jar. Drizzle caramel sauce over the brownies and sprinkle with a very small pinch of sea salt.
Add a layer of chocolate pudding, a layer of whipped topping, and a sprinkling of crushed Heath bar to each trifle. Repeat layers to fill jars, finishing with whipped topping. Drizzle the top of each trifle with a small amount of caramel sauce and a sprinkling of crushed Heath bar.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.