Stuffed Onion Bombs
These are da bomb! Meatloaf filled onions wrapped in bacon and glazed in barbecue sauce are a meal everyone in the family will love! Serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 4 yellow onions, medium or large
- 1 (12-ounce) package bacon
- Additional barbecue sauce for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from myfridgefood.com
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, milk, ½ cup barbecue sauce, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
Cut top and bottom off onion, cut in half and peel off skin. Then separate the onion into "layers". Use the larger outside layers.
Stuff your ground beef mixture between two onion layers (essentially making an onion seal around a large meatball).
Wrap each "bomb" with 3 slices bacon and secure with toothpicks.
Bake in a dish with sides (to catch grease) at 425°F for approximately 40 minutes or until internal temperature 165°F.
Glaze the "bombs" with more barbecue sauce and bake an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Amish Macaroni Salad 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Best Grilled Salmon Recipe in the... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted broccoli 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins, Weight Watchers 2... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken - Stuffed Chicken Breast... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef - Ground Beef-Noodle Casserole 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Grilled Vidalia Onion & Bacon Salad 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake 3.9/5 (55 Votes)