Low Carb White Birthday Cake
Low carb cake? Yes it is a reality! Almond meal replaces flour and your favorite sweetener replaces sugar in this tasty cake.
Nutrition facts for this recipe already include the amounts for the frosting.
calories: 220; fat: 18g; protein:9g; fiber: 3.5g; net carbs: 2g
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tablespoon sugar substitute
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour / meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Place oven rack in the center position and preheat to 350°F. Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar substitute around the bottom and edges.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add vanilla extract and 1⁄4 cup of tap water to the bowl and beat to combine.
In a medium bowl, mix the almond meal, remaining 3⁄4 cup sugar substitute, and baking powder, then beat this dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredient mixture until all are combined.
Pour the finished batter into the prepared cake pan and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until center is firm and springy. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out mostly clean.
Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before refrigerating for at least 2 hours. Turn pan upside down and shake to release cake. Frost with Buttercream Cheese Frosting, cut into 12 slices and serve.
Allow butter and cream cheese to soften to almost room temperature before using.
Beat all ingredients in an electric mixer on high until well combined and light and fluffy. Spread on a completely cooled cake.
While you could double the recipe to make a two layer cake, almond flour is very filling and satisfying, so we simply cut the one layer of this recipe in half horizontally using a long bread knife to make two layers.
It should go without saying that you can use this frosting to frost a White Birthday Cake, recipe above. This also goes great as a topping on any low carb baked treat!
Add 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (we like Hershey’s brand) and 1⁄4 cup more bulk sugar substitute to turn this into a Chocolate Frosting.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Birthday Cake 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Boozy Birthday Cake Shots 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Beer Bread & Creamy Herb Dip 3.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Stuffed Onion Bombs 3.8/5 (36 Votes)
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Cake 3.8/5 (82 Votes)
- Mrs. Fields' Gingerbread Men 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- No Bake Munchkins / Chocolate... 3.9/5 (54 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake 3.9/5 (10 Votes)