Lime Chili Pasta Twist
- around 8 plum ripe tomatoes
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp ) olive oil
- 1 heaped Tbsp Indian lime pickle (a must) – that can be purchased in asian food stores, and also supermarkets
- 2 tsp molasses
- a little Himalayan salt, or sea salt, to taste (it won’t need much as the pickle is salty already)
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste/puree
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- lots of freshly chopped cilantro for garnishing – another must
- 1 slice fresh lime, to squeeze prior to serving
1.Process the garlic in a food processor until very finely chopped. Then add your tomatoes, one at a time, and process them, before adding your olive oil and Indian lime pickle.
2.Meanwhile, heat some olive oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat for about half a minute, then pour in your processed tomato mixture. Lower the heat, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
3.Then add the tomato paste, and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
4.Meanwhile cook your pasta
5.Now add the sweetcorn, and after a couple of minutes taste it for salt and sweetness.
6.Drain your pasta, rinse with cold water, shake well in a colander, and add it to the sauce.
7.Garnish with cilantro
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)