Lemon & Almond Brittle
Lemon almond brittle is an elegant variation of a classic candy. Packaged in a pretty box or tin, this holiday gift will stand out as special.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/4 cups almonds, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Coat a 12 X 17 inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring and brushing down sides with a wet pastry brush to prevent sugar crystals from forming, until sugar dissolves.
Cook, swirling occasionally, until mixture just starts to turn golden around edge.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is pale amber, about 8 minutes.
Pour onto prepared baking sheet without spreading.
Let cool. Break into pieces.
You'll also love
- Red Beans & Rice Soup with Kielbasa 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Spiced Tamales 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Tomato Concasse 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled Flank Steak with Garlic... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Rounds 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Buttermilk Strawberry Shortcake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- White Chocolate Apricot Oatmeal... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)