Quinoa Mexi-Lime Salad
Cilantro adds the perfect tangy zest to this quinoa salad. If you are craving south of the border cuisine, but don’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen, then this recipe is for you. Quinoa is a powerful protein; however, if you want to add some meat just throw in some diced grilled chicken. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cup quinoa, dry and rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups Pacific® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 15-ounce can reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15.25-ounce can whole kernel sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds and ribs removed, finely diced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the quinoa and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and continue cooking for 12 to 15 minutes until the seeds are translucent and they have spiraled out from each seed.
2. In a large bowl, mix the black beans, corn, red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro and diced jalapeño. Add the cooled quinoa and stir to mix all ingredients well.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, cumin, salt and black pepper.
4. Pour the lime mixture over the quinoa mixture and stir to evenly combine, serve chilled.
You'll also love
- Green Bean Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- New Potatoes in White Sauce 3.7/5 (209 Votes)
- Apricot Vinegar, Fig, Sweet... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Crisp Catfish with Apple-Celery... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Grilled Artichoke with Lemon,... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Mango Lime Confetti Slaw 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe