Pork Loin with Roasted Pears and Shallots
- 3 Tbls olive oil
- 1 Tbls reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbls freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 4lb Pork Loin
- 12 oz. shallots, peeled and quartered
- 3 med. unpeeled pears, cut into wedges
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 Tbls butter
- 3 Tbls all purpose flour
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1. In a large zip-top plastic bag, combine 2 Tbls oil, soy sauce, and lemon juice. Add pork and coat evenly. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. In a roasting pan, toss shallots and pears with 1 tbls olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Remove meat from marinade and drain, reserving marinade. Make slits in top of pork; insert sliced garlic and thyme sprigs. Place pork in roasting pan in center of pear mixture. Roast 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and cook until meat reaches 145-150 degrees, about 40 minutes.
4. While meat roasts, melt butter and whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat until golden brown. Pour in broth and reserved marinade; whisk to break up lumps. Cook until thick, 10-15 minutes. Stir in thyme. Remove from heat.
5. Remove pork from oven. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before slicing (if shallots are not well caramelized, remove pork and place in oven for 10 minutes).
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (703 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)