Baked Ziti with Shrimp and Spinach
- 8 ounces ziti pasta (about 1/2 a box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 8 ounces large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and squeeze dry
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- salt to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil then cook pasta according to package directions.
In the meantime, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over medium heat until garlic begins to brown.
Add tomatoes, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon of salt then cook until warmed through, taste for seasoning, add additional salt if necessary then set aside.
In a small bowl, toss shrimp in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt, set aside.
Drain cooked pasta and add to a large bowl with tomato sauce, shrimp, spinach and half of the feta cheese crumbles.
Toss and add to a 10 1/2-inch x 7-inch baking dish and top with remaining feta cheese, bread crumbs and a drizzle of olive oil (about 2 teaspoons).
Bake about 10 minutes until lightly browned on top and shrimp are opaque throughout.
You'll also love
- Venison Stew with Dried Cherries 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wolfgang's Fresh Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hamburger Cabbage Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- salmon alfredo with capers & chives 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Spinach Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sunflower 'N Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Chipotle Cannellini Beans... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fish (Honey-Pecan Crusted Walleye) 0/5 (0 Votes)