Scalloped Ham & Potatoes
This Scalloped Ham & Potatoes recipe is the potato recipe you've been looking for. It's easily doubled for serving more people and works well as a tasty thanksgiving side dish.
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups milk
- 6 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Place half of potatoes in a greased 3 quart baking dish. Pour half of sauce over potatoes. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 60 to 70 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- 7-Layer Mexican Bean Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- No-Noodle Zucchini Lasagna 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mustard Herb Roasted Lamb Breast 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Irish Potato Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Fish and Chips w/ Dijon Mayonnaise 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Lobster and Crab Cakes with... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Potato Pancakes (Weight Watchers) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beach Shrimp 4.5/5 (4 Votes)