Scalloped Ham & Potatoes
This Scalloped Ham & Potatoes recipe is the potato recipe you've been looking for. It's easily doubled for serving more people and works well as a tasty thanksgiving side dish.
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups milk
- 6 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 75mins
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
Place half of potatoes in a greased 3 quart baking dish. Pour half of sauce over potatoes. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 60 to 70 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.1/5 (962 Votes)
- Jalapeño Scalloped Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Scalloped Potato & Ground Beef... 4.2/5 (56 Votes)
- Dried Beef & Corn Chowder 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Oyster And Clam Chowder 4/5 (5 Votes)
- New Mexico Pork Chili Carne Adovada 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cranberry Amish Friendship... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Easy Cherry Cream Cheese Danish 3.6/5 (47 Votes)