Easy Cherry Cream Cheese Danish
- Cream cheese mixture:
- Ready made Puff Pastry (1 sheet)
- Cherry pie filling (or fruit of choice)
- Half block of cream cheese (4oz)
- 1 Tbs sugar
- vanilla extract (few drops)
- lemon juice (just a splash)
- Soften the cream cheese in the microwave for 10 seconds and mix in the sugar, vanilla, and lemon. The amounts are really just to taste.
- Drizzle icing:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp orange juice or until you get the right consistency.
Adapted from nieszvintagefabric.blogspot.com
I cut the sheet of pastry into 9 squares. Then spread the cream cheese mixture on a diagonal.
Added a few cherries...
And pulled the opposite corners up and pinched them together. Brush with a bit of egg wash and bake at 400-425 until golden brown, about 15 minutes in my oven.
Pour a cup of coffee and enjoy. These would be great for a brunch table, too!
You'll also love
- Ahi Tuna Tartare 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Wiener Schnitzel in an Air Fryer 3.9/5 (31 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Glaze 3.8/5 (41 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cabbage, Potatoes &... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Blueberry Wild Rice Salad 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chili-Orange Shrimp with Broccoli... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cherry Chunkies 4/5 (4 Votes)