Honey Glazed Ham
What better way to celebrate the Easter holiday than with a tantalizing Easter ham! If you are looking for delicious Easter dinner recipes then you need to give this one a try. The combination of honey and cloves makes this glaze completely irresistible. It’s relatively easy to make and it will remind you of the really expensive hams you find in the stores. You can use either a spiral sliced ham or a boneless ham, depending on your preference. The key to this delicious Easter ham is to baste it every 10-15 minutes with the honey glaze. Of the many different Easter dinner ideas that are out there, this one is definitely worth it. Not only that, your family will love you for the effort!
- 1 (5-pound) cooked ham
- 1/4 cup whole cloves
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup or 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups honey
- 2/3 cup butter
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 95mins
Preheat your oven to 325°F.
Double line a baking pan with aluminum foil. Place the ham in the pan and score the ham placing the whole cloves in the diagonal of each score.
In a double boiler heat together the honey, butter and corn syrup.
Generously brush the ham with the glaze and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, making sure to baste the ham every 10 to 15 minutes. Keep the glaze warm to make it easier to baste.
During the last 5 minutes of cooking, turn on the broiler so that the glaze will caramelize.
Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Spicy Chili French Fries 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Classic Margaritas 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Healthy Lemony Yogurt Loaf Cake 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Maple Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken, Pineapple and Coconut... 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Paprika Roast Chicken 4.7/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Nutella Peanut Butter... 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Quickbread Cheese Biscuits 4.5/5 (21 Votes)