Air Fryer Shrimp Toast
Delicious and delicate shrimp toasts are quickly prepared in an air fryer. Serve with the savory tomato based sauce. Great as an appetizer or lunch.
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seed
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rose or white wine
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Prepare the shrimp. Peel and devein the shrimp. Use the side of flat side of the knife, mash the shrimp into a paste. Make sure they are minced well.
Marinate the shrimp. Mix the marinade ingredients into the shrimp and marinade for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
Prepare the bread. Cut the crust of the bread, save the crust and set aside. Gently brush one side of the bread with olive oil, flip over and spread spread half of the shrimp paste on the bread. Cut in half and sprinkle sesame seeds on top. Lightly brush olive oil on the sesame seeds.
Preheat the air fryer. Line the air fryer with a sheet of aluminium foil under the wire basket. Preheat at 350°F for 5 minutes.
Transfer the toast to air-fryer. Brush the wire basket with olive oil and place the shrimp toast sesame seed side up in the basket
Air fry for 5 minutes, check to make sure it is cooking evenly. Air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
Prepare the sauce. Mix all the ingredients together and transfer to serving bowl.
Sauce may be prepared 24 hours ahead.
You'll also love
- Dry Brined Turkey 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Penne with Butternut Squash and... 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Nachos 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Guinness-Glazed Halibut 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Salmon with Messine Sauce 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Kale & Artichoke Dip 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Avocado Shrimp and Tuna Salad 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Lemony White Bean Bruschetta 4.1/5 (7 Votes)