Lemony White Bean Bruschetta
This healthy yet hearty grilled bruschetta recipe features mashed cannellini beans and the bright flavors of fresh lemon and parsley with a touch of garlic.
- 1 (8-ounce) long loaf Italian bread
- 1 (15 to 19 ounce) can white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, each cut in half
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 22mins
Adapted from delish.com
Prepare charcoal fire or preheat gas grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
Meanwhile, slice bread diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices; reserve ends for making bread crumbs another day.
In medium bowl, with fork, lightly mash beans with lemon peel, lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon parsley.
Place bread slices on grill rack and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted on both sides. Rub 1 side of each toast slice with cut side of garlic.
Just before serving, top garlic-rubbed side of toast with bean mixture and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon parsley.
You'll also love
- Brazilian Pork Chops 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Spinach-Orzo Salad with Shrimp 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Crab & Avocado Salad with Pancetta 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Melontini 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Shiitake & Roasted Red Pepper Puff... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Lentil Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Pear Tart 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Corn and Lima Bean Ragout 4.7/5 (6 Votes)