Guinness-Glazed Halibut is the sweet and savory full meal the whole family will love. Serve this dish as is tonight for dinner or complete the meal with mashed potatoes and a side salad for a classy meal that will be a hit at your next dinner party. This recipe is enriched with the rich flavors of Guinness Stout, succulent halibut, and sweet carrots for a health-conscious meal the whole family will love.
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles Guinness Stout
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- salt to taste
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2x1/2-inch sticks
- extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- freshly ground pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from foodandwine.com
In a skillet, bring the stout and honey to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat, skimming, until reduced to 1/2 cup, 25 minutes. Pour into a heatproof bowl and stir in the lemon juice, hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon of salt; let cool to room temperature.
In a shallow baking dish, pour half of the stout glaze over the halibut fillets and turn to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning a few times. Reserve the remaining stout glaze.
Preheat the broiler. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the carrots and boil until just tender, about 4 minutes; drain. Pour the reserved stout glaze into the saucepan and boil over high heat until thickened and reduced to 1/3 cup, about 2 minutes. Add the carrots and simmer until glazed, about 1 minute.
Remove the halibut from the marinade and arrange the fillets on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush the halibut with olive oil and season with pepper. Broil about 4-inches from the heat until richly browned and just cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the halibut to plates and serve with the Guinness-glazed carrots.
You'll also love
- Salmon with Messine Sauce 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Souffléed Omelet with Goat... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Shiitake & Roasted Red Pepper Puff... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Dr. Pepper Smoked Brisket 3.9/5 (114 Votes)
- Spicy Southwest-Style Louis Kemp... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow-Cooked Ham with 5-Ingredients 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Fish Cakes 4.1/5 (29 Votes)