Farfalle With Tuna, Tomatoes And Olives
- 6 ounces farfalle (bow-tie) pasta (abt 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 canned anchovy fillets reserving
- 1 teaspoon of the anchovy oil
- 1 can seasoned chunky tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz)
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives - (abt 12) quartered (or other brine-cured black olives)
- 1/2 cup slivered fresh basil
- 1 can solid white tuna packed in water - (6 oz) undrained
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cook pasta in a in large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add anchovies and reserved anchovy oil. Using fork, mash anchovies to coarse paste in skillet. Add tomatoes, Kalamata olives and basil and bring sauce to simmer.
Drain pasta thoroughly. Mix pasta and tuna with its water into sauce. Toss to heat pasta through, breaking up tuna into large pieces with fork, about 3 minutes. Season pasta with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.4/5 (1082 Votes)
- Tuna Hummus Crostini 4.4/5 (77 Votes)
- Family-Favorite Tuna Noodle... 4.7/5 (43 Votes)
- Maple Seared Scallops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beach House Seafood Strata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken With Apple-Brandy Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)