Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa Salad, Grilled Chayote
- 1 pound cleaned peeled shrimp
- 1 teaspoon pureed canned chipotle chiles
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 ounces white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 2 chayote squash cut 1/4" slices
- 2 tablespoons butter
Combine black beans, quinoa, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
Marinate chayote squash in 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Grill or saute until soft.
Saute shrimp in remaining olive oil for 2 minutes, add garlic, and saute 1 minute longer. Add wine and chipotle chiles and reduce wine by 1/2 by cooking at a boil for approximately 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
Plate black bean-quinoa mixture on plates and divide squash equally to each plate. Divide shrimp and sauce on each plate and garnish with remaining cilantro.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 3.9/5 (1265 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.3/5 (158 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- London Broil Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rum Soused BBQ Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)