Beach House Seafood Strata
- 1 large loaf scally or challah (or some other white specialty bread)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss or Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered purple onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet red, orange, yellow peppers (optional)
- 1 pound seafood salad from the deli (you may, of course, substitute fresh lobster, shrimp, crab, etc.)
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cube bread and place in large Pammed 11- by 13-inch casserole dish. Mix in sliced vegetables. Spread seafood salad evenly over top, working gently down to bottom. Spread cheese over top.
Mix eggs, milk and mustard. Pour over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Should be golden brown and bubbly.
Cut into squares.
This recipe yields 6 to 9 servings depending on portion size.