Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth, Olive Oil, & Seasoning
Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked pasta, and cook! The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles.
- 12 ounces pasta (I used linguine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Incredible Raspberry Cheesecake... 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Apple Pie Filling 4.4/5 (107 Votes)
- Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (96 Votes)
- Garlic Lemon Chicken with Green... 4.3/5 (123 Votes)
- Soup - Spiced Red Lentil, Tomato,... 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Cheeseburger... 4.4/5 (103 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 3.9/5 (202 Votes)
- Sautéed Chicken with Spinach &... 4/5 (131 Votes)