Pasta, Tomatoes, Veggie Broth, Olive Oil, & Seasoning
Throw it all in the pot, INCLUDING the uncooked pasta, and cook! The starch leaches out of the pasta and makes a rich, warm sauce for the noodles.
- 12 ounces pasta (I used linguine)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in julienne strips
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 large sprigs basil, chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth (regular broth and NOT low sodium)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil in a large stock pot. Pour in vegetable broth. Sprinkle on top the pepper flakes and oregano. Drizzle top with oil.
Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so. Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated – I left about an inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot – but you can reduce as desired .
Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring pasta several times to distribute the liquid in the bottom of the pot.
Serve garnished with Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Lemon Sponge Pie 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- Panera Bread French Onion Soup 3.9/5 (184 Votes)
- Oven Baked Zucchini Chips 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Lemon-Basil Ricotta Stuffed Shells... 4.4/5 (82 Votes)
- Spinach Tomato Orzo Soup 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup 4.4/5 (70 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 4.3/5 (80 Votes)
- Tomato Pie 4.6/5 (58 Votes)